When importing a multibody imported file into SOLIDWORKS, it will be recognized in the part file.
Alternatively, you can directly convert this file into a SOLIDWORKS assembly file by following the step below.
- Before opening up the imported file, expand the drop-down list and choose the extension for that file. For example, STEP AP203/214.
- An option button will be available, click on it.
- Enable ‘Import multiple bodies as parts’.
- Open file.
- The file will be automatically recognized as an assembly file as below.
- Save the file.
- All assembly components will be saved separately as a part file.