In this post, we will look into how to make a custom hatch area in CATIA drafting.
- Firstly, we will use this cadpart (catalytic converter) as our example.
- Go to drafting, click on “Front View”. Then go to our 3D model and choose the outlet flange surface as the “Front View”
- We should be seeing this view in our drafting space after we click on the surface of the outer flange.
- To make a custom curve, go to the 3D model, make a new sketch on the outlet flange. Make sure that the sketch is closed and not opened. In this example, I will make a circle
- Then, to show the newly created curve on our drawing, go to the sheet properties in the drawing, and check the 3D wireframe box and choose “Is always visible”.
- Next, click on the area fill creation icon, and then click on the new created line and a new hatch will be created.
- one of the main function of doing this is because we want to indicate the areas for us to control flatness on some sealing areas. We can then put a tolerance to the areas like the picture above.