CATIA V5 – Search Function
The search command in CATIA is very powerful to search and select specific elements. It is possible to search:
- Specific Name, Type, Color or an Element
- Visible or Hidden Objects
- Specific attributes of an element (Material, Dimensions)
- Objects created using specific workbench
- Documents created by CATIA V4
- To start searching, click Edit -> Search or you can click CTRL + F
- In the search function, we can specify the criteria of our searches. These criteria can be added to Favourites for future searches by clicking the icon.
- For example, if you were to search for all “Faces” in a part, you can follow these simple steps:
- Firstly, go the “Type – Workbench” and click find “Topology” in the drop down menu.
- Secondly, go to the “Type – Type” and click and find “Face” in the drop down menu.
- Thirdly, click the “Search” Icon which is depicted as a pair of binocular in CATIA.
- Finally, there is a list of objects in the box that shows all the faces available in the specific part.
- With this, the searches can be further customized to accommodate other criteria as well. Have fun trying!