1. It is very normal for for one machine to install a few versions of CATIA in one machine/PC.
2. When installing a few versions of CATIA, the settings will overlap themselves and potentially cause a conflict between the different versions.
3. Additional steps need to be taken to ensure that this conflict does not exist.
4. To access the configuration file, go to the folder ” C:\ProgramData\DassaultSystemes\CATEnv “.
5. Refer to above picture, We will have 3 different notepad If you installed 3 different Catia versions for example :
- CATIA V5R21
- CATIA V56R2017
- CATIA V56R2019
7. In this example, we opened the notepad for CATIA V56R2017. Once opened, find the line “CATUserSettingPath=CSIDL_APPDATA\DassaultSystemes\CATSettings”.
8. The line on step above is the default line for all versions of Catia. We would want to ensure that for all three versions, these lines have to be different so they wont cause a conflict.
9. We can for example change this one from CATUserSettingPath=CSIDL_APPDATA\DassaultSystemes\CATSettings to CATUserSettingPath=CSIDL_APPDATA\DassaultSystemes\CATSettingsB27.
10. For the other versions, we can also name it with a different name. We can for example change this one from CATUserSettingPath=CSIDL_APPDATA\DassaultSystemes\CATSettings to CATUserSettingPath=CSIDL_APPDATA\DassaultSystemes\CATSettings_B29.
11. When the names of these settings are different, the configurations should’ve not conflict with each other and CATIA can run without any problem.