*To install a SolidNetWorks License Manager on a client computer, make sure SolidNetWorks License Manager is already install on a server computer and being activated.
* If you already have Solidworks network license installed, you can proceed to STEP No. 9
1. On the client PC run the SNL application as administrator.
2. On the Installation window, click Next.
3. Now, key in your 24-character Serial Number which same as the serial number using on the server computer.
The Serial Number identifies that the computer as a SolidNetWorks License Client. Click Next.
4. You can change the installation location, if no click Next.
5. Then click Install.
6. After that, open you SolidNetWork License Manager Client
7. A windows will pop out and prompt you to add port@servername. The port number is required to same as the server’s port number of the server computer, and the server name will be the server computer name.
8. You will able to check your server in the Server List tab.
9. Now, you can proceed to install Draftsight. If you don’t have Draftsight installer, go to the link below and download.
Run the Draftsight installer as administrator.
10. Then the installation window will pop-out. On the window, select SolidNetWork License.
11. After that, the computer will prompt the Port@server automatically. Then click Next.
12. Then check on “I accept the terms in the license agreement”. Click Install, the installation process should begin.
13. After the installation is successful, click Finish.
14. The installation is complete, you can now open your Draftsight.
15. If you wish to use Draftsight offsite with no network connection, you will need to borrow license from the server.
Open your SolidNetWork License Manager Client. Go to License Borrowing tab.
16. Then, select Draftsight to borrow. Set the end date of borrow and then click Borrow.
17. Now, you will see that a Draftsight license has been borrowed. Then click OK. You are able to use Draftsight without connecting to the server.