Sometimes when you want to import a STEP file into SOLIDWORKS , you may have found “Encountered invalid record index” error. How to fix this?
To fix the file try the following:
- Uncheck the option for “3D Interconnect” in SOLIDWORKS Options > System Options > Import
- Open the STEP file with Notepad. The file will open as text.
- Use Search/Find, and search for: PRESENTATION_STYLE_ASSIGNMENT
If this problematic data is found, replace it using the Search/Find & Replace command with: PRES
- Save the file. This parameter will now be ignored during the import’s parsing process, and will not display the warning, STEP should import as expected.
- Retry the Import into SOLIDWORKS.