Moving device is a unique command or process which enable user to move the scanning device or part during the scanning/probing process. This is really useful when more scanning data is required or bigger part to be scanned or probed. In this chapter, we learn how to use move device command without reference data.
- Start the process by using Livecapture command as shown in figure 1. Scan the desired part.
- Press B button on the scanner to initiate Change position command as shown in figure 2.
- Probe geometry references required user to probe 3 features either it is a point, circle or sphere as shown in figure 3 before and after the user remove the device or physical part.
- The part or the scanner can now relocate to the desired location. Continue probing the previous features in the second orientation or location as shown in figure 4.
- The new position data has been captured and continue with the scanning process in the new orientation as shown in figure 5.
- Press B button on the scanner and choose exit livecapture command as shown in figure 6, to return to the main environment.
- All the scan data has successfully align using move device command as shown in figure 7.