After the analysis is completed, SOLIDWORKS Simulation automatically creates the Results folder with the default results plots. Normally, it will show the Stress1 (-vonMises-) plot automatically. Next, we may change the results plot by double click other results plots for examples, displacement1 (-Res disp-) and Strain1 (-Equivalent-).
As per picture above, the maximum von Mises stress is 479.7 MPa. And the minimum von Mises stress is 5.612 MPa. The red colour portion is the maximum value and the blue colour portion is minimun value. We can also noticed that the material yield strength is 620.4 MPa. Since the Maximun von Mises stress is no exceeded the yield strength, the part will not break under the force load, 110,000N. In conlcusion, the factor of safety is 1.293. We may change the material if need to increase the safety factor.
Lastly, we can check the plot results by using animation video.
- Right click Stress1 (-vonMises-) and click Animate. The Animation PropertyManager appears and the animation starts automatically.
- Stop the animation by clicking Stop button. Then you may observe the deformation at the moment. Besides, the animation must be stopped in order to save the AVI file on the disk.
- Check Save as AVI File, then click “…” button to browse and select a destination folder to save the AVI file.
- Play the animation. The animation is played in the graphics area.
- Click the Stop button to stop animation.
- Close the Animation Property Manager. The AVI file will be saved on the disk.