If you see the following error;
‘Failed to initialize Visual Basic for Apps, equations and macros will not work. Are you low on disc space?’
There are many possible causes for this error.
A recent Windows Update, KB4048955, will enable ‘Compatibility Mode’ for SOLIDWORKS in some cases. For information about ‘Compatibility Mode’, see the Microsoft article at:
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
1. Right-click on the SOLIDWORKS shortcut, and then click ‘Properties’.
2. Click the ‘Compatibility’ tab.
3. Make sure that the option ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ is not selected. For a visual reference, see the attached image.
4. Browse to the SOLIDWORKS installation directory. The default location is: C:\Program Files\SOLIDWORKS Corp\SOLIDWORKS
5. Right-click on the file ‘sldworks.exe’ and then click ‘Properties’.
6. Click the ‘Compatibility’ tab.
7. Make sure that the option ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ is not selected.
8. If issue still not solved, you may find the SOLIDWORKS installer, in the installer there is one folder named Prerequisites. In the folder, rerun/repair all related Vredist installer,
If these steps do not resolve the problem, please contact us